27/03/2011: Six Layers Of Lustrous Piano Lacquer

It was Matthew(Britton)’s Birthday the other day and as he made me a mix for my Birthday, so I returned the favor for his. Always a pleasure. The cover turned out to be an unintentionally sense-making cut-up in that the seemingly unrelated title I’d composed seemed to fit rather nicely with the image, hence its inclusion here. I couldn’t help but feel a little dissatisfied with the second side, it just didn’t seem as tight a grouping as on the first side. Still good though. I’ll have to wait and see what Matthew thought… Cover art and Tracklist:



Side A:

1. When I’m Older – The Systematics
2. Bad Mood Guy – Severed Heads
3. Nudies – Lemon Kittens
4. The Skunk Rolled Down The Hill And Ruptured It’s Larynx – Garry Bradbury
5. The Twist – Klaus Nomi
6. Dancing With The Bears – The Fibonaccis
7. The Fall Of Christopher Robin – Current 93 and Hilmar Orn Hilmarsson
8. Cherry Tomato – Freshly Wrapped Candies
9. English Faggot/Nothin Man – Foetus Interruptus

Side B:

1. I’m Scratching Peace Symbols In Your Tombstone – The Manson Family
2. Aries: The Fire Fighter – The Zodiac
3. Lotus Land – Martin Denny
4. Ramblin’ – Ornette Coleman
5. Triple Sun – Coil
6. My Number One Love – Esquivel!
7. Play With Fire – Durex And The Temple Of Art
8. R.U.Xperienced? – Caresse P-Orridge and Sickmob

No comments:

Post a Comment