17/10/2010: Bodies

The drawing is going well – I attended a life drawing session at the Cavendish pub behind the uni on Wednesday for a couple of hours and made about fifty postcards worth of marks and abstractions; some of them even turned out vaguely figurative surprisingly enough. I really enjoyed it and felt I’d had a better, further exploration of drawing blind, with speeds and levels of density in composition for example, although the group leader didn’t seem to see it in the same light. Aside from making blind drawings from visually focusing on a model, I’ve also been experimenting with drawing from touch alone, placing one hand somewhere on my body as the other marks the card according to sense or assuming a position of some sort whilst noting interpretations of physical sensations in terms of abstract impressions – really quite relaxing and with interesting outcomes.

I also received the developed Super 8 footage of the previously mentioned living room escapade, shot back in August. It was amusing to say the least; some bits were really quite good. Some nice footage at the start too of shelved skulls from St. Leonard’s Ossuary in Hythe, taken way back in June. As yet this is all confined to its reel – the projector seems to be playing up a little so I’ll have to use somebody else’s to make a digital transfer…

No comments:

Post a Comment